twitter button

About

Think of this blog as a diary preoccupied with getting thin, staying thin and understanding thus sharing pro-ana tips and tricks, thinspiration, fasting, celebrity weight loss secrets, effective diet pills, effective diets, effective exercise equipment and effective exercise dvds? No matter your size or plan and what you plan on doing about that this place will not judge... xo

Followers

Celebrity Topics

Celeb Slimming Secrets (26) Anorexic/Addict (10) Thinspiration (7) Nicole Richie (6) Super Models (5) Angelina Jolie (2) Clenbuterol (2) Denise Richards (2) Kate Moss (2) Workout Music (2) Adnan Ghalib Interview video About Britney Spears (1) Amy Winehouse Drug Diet (1) Amy Winehouse is a Bulimic (1) Amy Winehouse smoking Crack (1) Angelina Jolie Twin Weight Loss (1) Anna Kournikova (1) Are You Hot (1) Bad Girls Club in a Bikini Thinspo (1) Bazaar Skinny (1) Beckham diet Analysis (1) Black Swan is Thinspiration so Watch it (1) Britney Spears Excessive Workout (1) Britney Spears Fat? (1) Brooke Burke (1) Cabbage Soup Diet (1) Cheryl Burke (1) Courtney Yates Too Thin? (1) Daisy Duke Workout (1) Different Bodies Different Diets (1) Dirty Dancing Bulimia (1) Do You Really Want To Be Skinny (1) Does Exercise and Cocaine Mix (1) Fasting Girls (1) Fiona Apple thinspo (1) Get The Hollywood Body (1) Gwen Stefani (1) Hayley Rey Too Thin? (1) Heartbreakers Free online (1) High Heels For Sexy Legs (1) Hilary Duff Had An Eating Disorder (1) Hollywood Hooked On Photoshop (1) How Ashlee Simpson Got Skinny (1) How Jennifer Love Hewitt Got Skinny (1) How Marisa Miller Stays in Shape (1) How Michael Jackson Died (1) How Mischa Barton Gained Weight (1) How Tara Reid Got Skinny (1) How To Become a Model Cookbook (1) How To Get A Sexy Daisy Duke Body (1) How To Look Like Kelly Ripa (1) Human Growth Hormone (1) I Want The Perfect Body 2 (1) I can Make You Thin (1) Is Brisol Palin Fat? (1) Is Kim Kardashian a positive Role Model? (1) Is Tara Reid Too Skinny (1) Jane Fonda was Anorexic (1) Jenna Jameson (1) Jerry Hall's Apple Pie (1) Jessica Simpson Fat (1) Jessica Simpson Gets Chunky (1) Kristen Johnston (1) Lambada the Forbidden Dance (1) Lara Flynn Boyle Anorexic or Addict (1) Laser Treatment Skinny (1) Lindsay Lohan (1) Lindsay Lohan Does Coke (1) Martha Stewart Cook Book (1) Megan Fox Scary Skinny (1) Mischa Barton (1) Miss Bimbo (1) Neveen Eats Cat Poop (1) Paris Hilton Gets Skinny With Cocaine (1) Penelope cruz sleep weight loss (1) Pierce Brosnan's Wife is Fat (1) Pretty Wild Adderall (1) Quick Celebrity Slim Downs (1) Rachel Zoe (1) Rebecca Gayheart Thinspiration (1) Star Jones VS Barbara (1) Super Slim Me Part 2 (1) Super Slim Me Part 5 (1) Super Slim Me part 1 (1) Super Slim Me part 3 (1) Super Slim Me part 4 (1) Super Slim Me part 6 (1) THS Diet Fads (1) Tammy Faye Baker (1) The CR Way vs Pro-ana Dragonfly (1) The Skinny Free Workout Video (1) Thinspiratation (1) Thinspiratinal Actresses (1) Thinspiration In The Music (1) Thinspiration TV (1) Thinspiration at The Movies (1) Valerie Bertinelli (1) Victoria Beckham too skinny? (1) Watch "Super Skinny Me" (1) Watch Hostel 2 For Free (1) Watch Kirsten Dunst as Marie Antoinette for Free (1) What's Eating Victoria Beckham (1) Why Amy Winehouse is Skinny (1) Why Brittany Murphy is Dead (1) Zerona and Laser Lipo (1) kim kardashian Is Dieting For 2008 (1) machine girl (1) morgan osman bad girls club 5 (1)

Search This Blog

banner

Click Here For the size 0 Diet Pill: DietPillExpress.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fasting For Weight loss



Day 1 to 3 of the fast will be the hardest, but the pain will be caused more by gastric irritation and not true hunger. After day 3 of fasting, hunger is reduced or disappears all together. The earliest benefit of a fast occurs on days 3-5. Days 7-14 will be healing, days 14-21 will be like a euphoric dream and days 21-28 will be nothing short than a complete regeneration of the body.
Without food, the body will use an alternative energy source such as glycogen or stored fat. Once the glucose is reduced in the body the bodies metabolism changes and starts producing ketone bodies. Once a person eats even a single crumb, the bodies metabolism immediately converts back to how it was before and the hunger levels will rise. After the glucose and the stored fat is used up, usually occurring after 28 days, the body will start burning vital tissue or starving. Note that once starvation begins the fast must end.

Water fasting mainly benefits people with a A slow metabolism. Some people can't maintain a healthy weight for their body grows out of control like a cancer and fasting can help because the body will gather more energy to burn more fat. Fasting is also great for people who hate or can't exercise. In fact, one can think of fasting as being like exercise because like exercise it will take a degree of self sacrifice.

If a fast is performed 1 to 3 times annually for 14-28 days, the body will reach a state of health no amount of exercise could ever accomplish. A fast will be a long detoxification that demands mental preparation to carryout, especially if one is going to do a water fast. A juice fast is not as hard as a water fast but the benefits of a water fast is is well worth the pain.

Fasting Crib Notes:
- After day 5 the desire for food will dramatically drop
- After day 10 hunger levels for the most part will be non-existing and energy levels will rise
- Expect to lose at least a pound a day
- Drink 5-10 glasses of water a day
- Stay clear of exercise
- Get rid of headaches by drinking peppermint tea or by taking a potassium supplement

I don't want to come off like I'm judging people who choose to fast but I've been doing cardio and weight training with commitment for 6 months now and there's no way I'd fast. I don't care how much I weigh cause I may gain weight due to gaining muscle which is 20% heavier then fat. I'm into lowering my fat %. I weigh around 120-118 lbs, I'm 5"3. I'm 32-24-32 and know most celebs, fitness models etc are my size although they say they're 15-20 lbs lighter. I need my muscle and want to make more of it so my metabolism will keep going even when I'm not moving. I keep a food diary and I never skip meals and try not to workout too much because I know doing so will set me back. I'd recommend skipping the fast and go for a healthy lifestyle.

Other helpful articles to read:
keywords: benefits of fasting, fasting for weight loss, detoxification for weight loss, fasting tips, fasting information, fasting facts, how to fast, fasting tips, weight loss tips, pro-ana tips

50 comments:

vedo said...

What is that?:);)

JellyElle said...

yeah they might be your size,i have those measurements, the difference is that they're taller, so proportinately, you're much, much bigger.

Yoshithin said...

JellyElle,

Yeah I would be much bigger then someone taller then myself but I was talking about celebs and other personalities that are my height and with the same measurements that claim to be 15-10lbs lighter despite their muscle tone. I believe women lie about their age and weight and that's why we can never know unless they're on a scale.

Anonymous said...

How can I fast without others noticing? I know my parents would go mental, but I NEED to lose weight!

Wallace Obese Looser said...

Nothing defines health and fitness in this age, toned bodies and size zero is the requirement of todays generation and because of it many people try just about anything to burn away their excess fat. You can even find medicines such as phentermine, adipex, xenical and Phentremine that claim to help you achieve your weight loss goals.

crystel said...

Hey every one is don't Ono wat fasting is like how do u do it wit out my mom finding out?? And do u have any more tips and is it possible to lose 20 lb in 2 weeks and if so how??

Anonymous said...

I hate to break the bad news but muscle weighs the same as fat! It's not as bulky, but 1 lb of muscle weighs the same as 1 lb of fat! Doh, lol!

Anonymous said...

Wow this sounds awesome. Its informitive and just perfect. I'll definatley try it, specially since no excersizing is required~

Anonymous said...

I fast during the week but usually have to eat on the weekend because I am with my family. Is this a bad method, to eat every five days? Would it be much better to go for the entire 28 days? Also, while fasting I do at least an hour of cardio a day, and I noticed on the list of tips it said to stay clear of exercise, why is that?

Anonymous said...

Hello
How do you fast without your parents finding out?

xxx
Louise

Anonymous said...

How in the hell do you get thru the first couple of days? Thats my problem, I screw myself before I even start!

Anonymous said...

How in the hell do you get thru the first 5 days? Thats when I screw up, before i even get started!

Anonymous said...

I am doing a tea and water fast. I am losing weight but i cant get past day three without eating somthing.. Its hard.. and exercising makes you sooo much more hungery..Its just as hard as exercising but leaner results.

Naomi said...

Hi! For the past week or so I've been taking in about 450 calories a day, and only when my parents r watching so they think I'm taking in 2000 a day. I used to think I was hungry, but i never really was, it was an illusion. I never feel hungry any more, so I never feel the need to eat. But, I have taken in this week 3000 calories in 7 days and lost NO weight. Pls rell me y!

Thanx

Carrie said...

i have thought about fasting but eventually i need to eat or i will die and when i need to eat i am going to bloat up. so im doing a different eating cycle, 1 day eating nothing and the next day eating something like a yohgurt or a apple. that way i won't die lol!
also if you do 50 sit ups in the morning it speeds up your metablolism and keeps your stomach in line !
oh an to answer the comment asking why you can't do exercise while fasting its because when you fast you will find your energy drops dramatically after 2 days of eating nothing so you won't be able to anyway.

Anonymous said...

If you're having problems staying away from food due to hunger or cravings, what helps me is DIET 7 UP. Diet 7 up, so far with what nutrition facts and ingrediants I myself have compared, is most likely the best diet soda. 100% natural flavoring, and for me it fills me up for half the day, and I actually desire NOT to eat at all while I'm filled with it. So 1 or 2 bottles a day (or cans? I do bottles) would help a fast, aswell.

discounthcgdiet said...

Really useful blog.Good work keeping this updated! HCG diet drops Thanks a lot!

Keep said...

Hi, Check out six pack ab program or get six pack abs

Anonymous said...

Hey guys just wanted to share my experience with you guys, I followed the instructions on www.lessenfat.com and it helped me alot. I lost 30 pounds in 45 days. I highly recommend you guys try it.

Anonymous said...

thank you soooo much for this! i am gonna try it out today. i am feeling slow today so i only burned 100 cals on exercise bike. I am 12 yrs old and 8 stones 10 pounds, i know that its bad but guess what!? I only gain weight on my stomach and i easily cover it up! but i really want to be 7 stones at the end of January of February... Please keep posting these pages plz

Anonymous said...

heyy i would realy like to know how to dothat without my parent finding out......i want to know wat s a good way to fast during the weekends cause i know i can deffinatly do it during the week ......

Anonymous said...

If you spit and never or almost never swallow the hunger pangs go away. It totally works for me. It really gross though.

h4yl1 said...

thanks for this, i will give it a go :) self control is the key...that and plenty of cigarettes. i will let you know how i get on :)

Anonymous said...

Heyy thanks for this :)
People say that once you stop eating you put on weight because your body stores all the fat becuase it doesnt know when it will next get food, but how long do you put on weight for and when do you start losing weight?

Anonymous said...

This can be really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You have to prepare you're body for fasting for at least one or two weeks before hand. You must cut out all highly processed foods and toxins, including coffee in the first week, but still eating solid meals. In the second week you should only consume fruit and veg, even better if you liquidise them. then for one or two weeks stick to de-caf teas and lemon and hot water to detox your body. After this you should put yourself back onto solid food gradually other wise you're digestive system will be in turmoil.
it take s a lot of mental preparation and doing it wrong can be detrimental. not for the faint hearted.

Anonymous said...

im 19 years of age, i have suffered with an eating disorder for 5 years. for all you confused girls who are asking ''how do i starve without my mum finding out'' your parents are going to find out. they can see you getting thinner, and from advice. i would quit it now. Being thin is NOT the best thing in life. i have various health problems due to my eating disorder. and it will stay with you in your mind for the rest of your life. eat sushi and find someone who will love you for who you are to encourage a healthy lifestyle. fill up on fruit and have a cheeky piece of chocolate every now and again. find a job that involves exersize, smile when you look in the mirror and don't let an eating disorder win. if you do, it leads to a very lonely depressing life.

Anonymous said...

Well said anonymous! I have suffered for 15 years, but for the last 5 have maintained a healthy weight and a bmi of 18.5. I exercise regularly, eat healthily and allow myself treats. I fight the demons in my head every day, but I watched my best friend die several years ago of
An eating disorder related heart attack. She had suffered for 7 years and was in her second year of recovery. Life is too precious to waste, and family and friends are too important to let down. Every girl wants to be thin, but there are ways of doing it healthily and without letting it ruin your life and the life of those around you. Please stay healthy everyone.....miss you every day my sparkly star x x

Kat said...

I'm preparing for a fast right now but first I'm weaning myself off food by eating less and less each day, I know I have an ED and I have since I was 11 or 12, nothing can change that.
I enjoy the way hunger feels, I love the way bones feel. Bones are beautiful.
I posted my tumblr, follow me because I'll be making a password protected pro ana blog soon, you'll have to message me for the password.
My current tumblr is about ballet, I have one about beauty as well.
Keep in touch because I'll be making my pro ana tumblr soon and I've got lots of tips to spill.
XO,
Kat

dandy said...

I've done, at most, two and a half days of fasting but never more.
What are some tips to keep from fainting?
I fainted the morning after a fast one day and my parents had to call the paramedics cause i bumped my head.my blood sugar was low but not in the danger zone.

Anonymous said...

i find it difficult to get past the first two days of fasting... the hunger pains get really intense... considering im a pretty big girl im 150 and 5'3 and i know this would be easier for me than exersizing because i dont have the time to exersize at all.. :/ can anyone tell me how i can get through the "hunger pain stage" with out caving in and over eating?

Anonymous said...

^^^ it's hard for me to with my hunger pains. I was bulimic from 1 until 16 and then my parents found out... fuck me right... now i gained so much weight i'm dying so today began my journey to thin.
empty/skinny/pretty/strong

Anonymous said...

you can get through the first few days if you prepare yourself properly before the fast. Eat minimally to reduce your metabolism ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

i wish i was thin, i've tried fasting before but only lasted 10 days then my parents found out, i was so dead, but whatever, im on my road to skinny :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to lose muscle mass.

Dianna said...

Hey, I started a new workout program called http://www.workoutbuddyx.com . It's similar to P90X: daily workouts, mixing intensity, variety, etc. But, what i'm interested is that it promise to deliver results for beginners like me, also focus on getting fit and lean. I wonder if anybody else have tried it?

Anonymous said...

people, when you get hungry don't eat - drink a diet coke, lots of water fast - or just look at some thinspo :)

Anonymous said...

If they allow you to eat alone in your room then prepare the food and go upstairs. I keep a bag of food that I've "eaten" hidden so they think I'm eating. I usually take my bag with me to school and stuff so my mom doesn't find it. Make sure you get rid of it secretly and not obviously so if someone does the garbage they don't see it. Dump it every 3 days or so; that way it doesn't get big. And only put foods that wont stink after 24 of sitting there. A good way to do it and not feel guilty is only pack packaged food and then donate it to a shelter

Anonymous said...

You do not need to fast to lose weight, if u do u are on a dangerous path to annorexia, which ends up at best with loss of fertility and brittle bones or at worst death. if u fast u will be unable to concentrate at school due to extreme headaches and will barely be able to stay awake. If u wanna lose weight eat protein and vegetables... no sweets of crisps etc nd exercise more...simple. Please don't listen to these sites these girls are ill and not thinking straight, there's so much more to life than how skinny u are. xxx

Anonymous said...

I will tell u why...when u drastically reduce calories your body goes into starvation mode and starts putting on fat to use in the future. If you really need to lose weight, & from your picture I really don't think u do, just cut out sweets and crisps etc and eat protein and veg. Please enjoy life & don't believe that happiness equals how thin u are. Listen to the girls who have suffered from eating disorders and are now paying the price. Think about your parents and how they will feel when u are dead, which is what will happen if u carry on as u are. One girl says bones are lovely...yes on a skeleton not a living person. Take care and enjoy life. xx

Anonymous said...

I really think that this is going to be good for me.. I am so disgusted with myself because I'm 5'5 and weigh around 165 lbs... I was my happiest in sophomore year at highschool, while I was at the pinnacle of my anorexia. Gonna give it another shot!!!! Wish me luck!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't understand why someone wouldn't fast! I think it's a great opportunity to lose weight, but the big trick is keeping it from your parents lol...

Michelle Arnold said...

Even keeping it from your friends that just don't understand I'm going to start weening off of food then on august 1 I'm going to stop completely and my friends can't stop me from doing that cuz I'll have my own place by then so wish me luck

light as a feather......... said...

I've suffered from anorexia nervosa for 4 years then had a binge eating disorder and now bulimia but i want to get back to anorexia as i reliese i was tiny then... would love someone to talk to about a similar experience of this...... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vivek Verma said...

Get top 10 home remedies to reduce belly fat. Get more health tips on www.ehatforhealth.com

Vivek Verma said...

Get top 10 home remedies to reduce belly fat. Get more natural health tips here: www.whatforhealth.com

Anonymous said...

Its been awhile since people post here. But if anyone is willing to be my ana buddy hmu at 315-352-0954

Anonymous said...

Hi I was in my early 20s when I Started with a anorexia I WAS nearly sectioned under mental health act I lost 3 some in 6 month I use to do 450 crunchies aday exercise 7 days a week sometimes twice a day then I Started having really and abdominal pain unbeknown to me I WAS 20weeks pregnant my son was born at 31weeks and really poorly again my ed started I have suffered with bulimia and anorexia I have now have suffered this for 16years and well people say I look well sets me back even more to.loose.weight I do alot of exercise and one is boot camp which speeds up metabolism I ALSO started taking t5's its a lonely illness no one understAnds :-(

Anonymous said...

I have fasted like every other three months or so but only managed to get a few days in because several parts of my body ache severely. Is that normal? Can I reduce the pain?

Anonymous said...

After 28 days
How soon can you fast again?

Anonymous said...

It might break any plateaus you hit. If you exercise lightly, it can feel nice. But if you do anything heavy or for more than about half an hour, you'll get dizzy and might faint.

2sleep

Comments

I Love Comments so keep it coming I update all the time but please no abuse spam I won't read. xo

hubs

feeds

  • Add to The Free Dictionary
  • Add to Excite MIX
  • Subscribe in podnova
  • Add to Pageflakes
  • Get Free Traffic Secrets!